Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Journey Continues-Sophia Grace's 5th Day Birthday



It's like being run over by a freight train only you don't die. And when you pick up the pieces one is missing and you can't find it. That's what it's like to wait for our precious baby girl to take her last breath. We know it's coming and can't stop it.

She had a rough night, 'clicking' and 'humming', all signs of seizure activity. Her breathing shifts from labored to shallow. There will be no more feedings. Our hearts are breaking. Again.

We're going to try to get outside today. The kids need to burn off energy and we all need some good 'ole Vitamin D in the form of sunshine.

More later.

11 comments:

  1. No more words are appropriate. Only prayer now.

    Lord God - strength, peace and healing for all. In Your mighty name I pray, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately nothing but prayer will help in your time of need. I wish prayer could perform a miracle, if that were the case Sophia Grace would be out in the sunshine with the family today. I still will not give up hope as right now that is all I have to give except prayer for your family. I know God has a reason, and right now I don't know why and think he is being unfair but I will as you to trust in him to embrace Sophia Grace with all his love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Prayer Request Was Sent Out This Morning, A Few People Wanted Me To Share These With You:

    Please share my prayer with the Harris Family:

    Heavenly Father,

    You are the creator of all mankind. I know You care for little children and how dear they are to You. Please Father God, bless this child, Sophia Grace with your Will, Grace, Mercy, Well-being and Peace. Your divine plan for her life is the Ultimate plan and I humbly honor it today. Bless this child's family. Help them to understand that YOU are the Master Planner and that YOU are in TOTAL Control of L-I-F-E! YOU are the One who opens the door of salvation and YOU are the one who reaches out with Healing Hands. Bless them now Heavenly Father as you work Your miracle of Healing, Comfort and Peace.

    In Your Holy Name I pray,
    AMEN!


    And Another:

    Father God we pray right now that you will give us the strength to accept your will in the life of Sophia. We know that she belongs to you as do each of us. Your wisdom is above ours and we trust & love you. She is innocent and has not experienced the ways of this wicked world. Thank you for our sending your son to die so that we might be saved. Now we ask that you will bless this family thru this difficult time and use this experience to bring them closer to you.
    Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessings. Words can not state the sorrow you must feel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are no more words, just comfort knowing that Sophia Grace has known love, and alot of it. Our hearts are breaking for you, each of you, as this affects you all differently. We are praying for comfort for Sophia Grace, and for strength for you all. We love you very much. It there is ANYTHING you need please call.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs to your family....thinking about you all

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just want u to know that you all are in my thoughts and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  8. My prayers are with you all. There are no words to express my sadness for what you are all going through. I know we have all been praying for a miracle, now I am praying for peace for little Sophia and her amazing family. Stay strong and know that a lot of people love you and are praying for you. I love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such adorable, priceless pictures of sweet Sophia!

    There are no words that can express my feelings right now...and there are no words to say to you all right now that will make any sense.

    I am praying that Sophia is comfortable and that God will give you the strength and peace right now that you so need.

    Sophia feels your love as she has all along.

    Mary Fitzpatrick

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm here thinking so many thoughts, some good and some bad. I just got off the phone with you and my heart is racing in uncomfort. D is sleeping and I need to talk, I hope you don't mind...
    The saying goes "everyone is put into your life for a reason". My interpretion of that for Sophia's life is strength and education. This little Angel has proven that we need each other and that each day we have on this earth is precious and shall not be taken for granted! Sophia and Jo Jo are special blessings from God. Because NKH is such an unknown diagnosis, we owe it to all those infected, to find a cure. Sarah what can I do to help?
    I know I'm rambling, I'm sorry. But like I said, I just needed to talk. Your the strongest person I know Sarah. Even though the cards you were dealt are unfair, you will come through all is this in time. Sophia's life is a precious gift, one that will NEVER be forgotten and WILL ALWAYS in my heart. I love you Sarah, Joey, Emma-J, Shawn, Grammie and Randi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now I lay me Down to sleep, I pray the lord her Soul to Keep, Guide Her safely Through the night and wake her with the morning Light, and if She passes before she wakes, I pray the lord her soul he takes....God had a plan for her...Blessings to you and your Family...

    ReplyDelete